Known mechanisms of the tumour-specific cytotoxicity of Ukrain
- Different uptake in the nuclei of malignant cells compared
to normal cells [12,36,73,146].
- Reduction of oxygen consumption in tumour cells but not in
normal cells [4,38].
- Dose-dependent inhibition of DNA, RNA and protein synthesis
in tumour cells [58,63].
- Inhibition of cell proliferation (cell cycle arrest) .
- Induction of programmed cell death (apoptosis) [62,142,146].
- After Ukrain treatment the immune system became capable of
destroying tumour cells [7,8,14,17,18,118,120].